In 2017-2018, the Russian Federation hosts the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 and the 2018 FIFA World Cup. These events are attended by the competitors as well as a large number of foreign sports, marketing, broadcasting businesses and other organizations as well as supporters including company sponsors. Most teams and companies participating in the FIFA sports events will incur costs in Russia on which they will pay Russian VAT.
Russia does not normally refund VAT to foreign businesses and organizations. However, for the purposes of the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 and the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the Russian Government has introduced the possibility to refund VAT paid by foreign companies.
- The Standard VAT rate in Russia is 18%
- There is no reciprocity requirement for this event, it means that teams and companies from any country can apply for VAT refund
- The deadline to submit a claim is within 3 years of the date of payment or the date of the invoice(s)
The Basic Terms:
- In order for teams, companies and organizations to be eligible for the refund of VAT they should have a contract with FIFA &/or they should be a VAT registered company.
Expenses eligible for Russian VAT refund:
Any professional expense incurred since the 1st of January 2017 in relation with the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 and the 2018 FIFA World Cup, some examples:
- IBC expenses (International Broadcasting)
- Equipment rental
- Venue rental
- Local purchases of supplies
It is a unique event and it is not easy to access and comply to the Russian regulations, therefore let Cash Back help you recover your VAT from this complex Russian arena.