- Greece has agreed with the Euro Group and IMF that it may reduce the VAT rate on restaurant and café services from 23% to 13% from 1 August 2013.
- Italy has postponed the increase of the standard VAT rate from 21% to 22% until 1 October 2013.
- Montenegro on 19 June 2013, the parliament approved the increase of the standard VAT rate commencing on I July 2013 from 17% to 19%.
- Portugal is considering a change of VAT rate in supplies of catering in restaurants and cafes. The proposal is to reclassify such supplies at the reduced rate of 13% (down from 23%). No firm date has been set and this will be subject to Parliamentary approval.
- Slovenia From 1 July 2013 the standard rate increased to 22% (from 20%) and the reduced rate increased to 9.5% (from 8.5%)
August 26, 2013